Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thoughts!

It's baseball season, yay!

Last week as I was perusing the expenditures for the month, I noticed that I'd spent $500 on gas, and there was still a week left in the month. So, I said to myself, 'self this is insane.' I did me research, and realized that the kind of driving I do does not lend itself to the economies achieved by the hybrid. If I brake 5 times in 56 miles it's a lot. I researched the Toyota Matrix (love Toyotas, drove one for 354,000 miles, loved it) and the Mazda 3 hatchback. Love Mazdas, fun to drive. I've got 210,000 miles on my Mazda truck. After work on Monday, I moseyed out of the house with a number that would make me do a dance, and got a price that $700 below that. So I bought it Monday night. And saved $100 on gas last week. That doesn't suck.

So new car and new baseball season, life is good.

No comments: